Manningham Council will work through these categories and aims to embed inclusion across the council and community.
The Anti-Racism Project consists of the following proposed elements:
- Installation of the Racism Not Welcome street signs accompanied by a promotional campaign.
- Participating in national campaigns: Welcoming Cities program accreditation and Racism. It Stops With Me.
- Delivery of Strength Through Connection bimonthly event series commencing on the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, 21 March 2022.
- Introduction of the new Multicultural Communities Advisory Committee which can consider a range of activities, advocacy, and other initiatives to raise awareness about racism.
- Supporting community initiatives such as:
- Eastern Community Legal Centre in delivering the State Government funded, Amplifying Voices In The Community; and
- Victoria Police’s Prejudice Motivated Crime Resource & Information Package.
All these initiatives are complementary to each other and address racism in indirect and direct ways.