Before Contacting Us
As a small organisation, we do not have capacity to answer all enquiries. Please start here to answer your questions:
- I am a refugee or person seeking asylum
- I am a journalist
- I am a member
- I am a student
- I am a teacher
- I want to learn about refugees in Australia
- I want to donate goods to refugees
You can find out more about asking us to attend an event on the next page.
Head Office (Secretariat)
Suite 4A6, 410 Elizabeth Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
(02) 9211 9333
(02) 9211 9288
Can someone from the Refugee Council speak at my event?
As the Refugee Council of Australia has a small staff, we prioritise events which:
- are organised by a member of the Refugee Council or for members of the Refugee Council
- relate to areas where the Refugee Council is actively campaigning or working
- will have significant public profile or publicity, or
- involve fundraising for, or donations to, the Refugee Council of Australia.
As our staff are based in Sydney and Melbourne, we will have limited capacity to attend events in other cities unless expenses can be covered or they coincide with other events (such as our annual consultations) when we are in your area.
Please contact us with your event details including: date and time, venue, audience, and if this event falls within one of our priorities listed above.
Email us at email@example.com
Can you put me in touch with refugees or people seeking asylum for an event?
Unfortunately, we cannot put you in touch with refugees or people seeking asylum. We suggest that you contact an ethnic community organisation, or an organisation working directly with refugees or people seeking asylum.