Refugee Council of Australia
Information spelt out with hand pointing finger
Home > Factsheets > Refugee information > I have a bridging visa

I have a bridging visa

This page gives you legal information about bridging visas. A ‘bridging visa’ is a visa that means you can live lawfully in the community while the Department is making a decision about your visa application. If your bridging visa is being cancelled, read this page on visa cancellations.

Visa cancellations

How do I get permission to work on my visa?

This factsheet is published by Refugee Advice & Casework Service (RACS). It was published in November 2019.

This explains how you can apply to work in Australia if you have a bridging visa.

What is the Code of Behaviour and how does it affect me?

This factsheet is published by Victoria Legal Aid. It was published in January 2016.

The Australian Government now makes you sign a ‘Code of Behaviour’. This explains what this means for you.

Be a champion for refugee rights

Join our mailing list and be the first to receive active resources. We need you to show Australia cares about refugees.


  • Category

  • Topic