Refugee Council of Australia
Information spelt out with hand pointing finger

I am applying to be a refugee in Australia

How to ask the Minister to intervene

These factsheets are provided by Refugee Advice & Casework Service, a legal organisation that helps refugees in New South Wales. They were updated in November 2019.

This factsheet explains how to ask the Minister to give you a visa if your application has been refused by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT). This mostly applies to people who have come by plane.

Read the factsheet

Read the factsheet if you want to know how to ask the Minister to allow you to make another application for a protection visa under s 47B of the Migration Act, after you have been refused one. You can ask for one if you have been refused a protection visa by the Immigration Assessment Authority).

Read the factsheet

Join the movement!

We need you to show our government that Australia cares about refugees. Help us by joining the movement so we can protect refugees, not punish them.

Find what you want

  • Category

  • Topic