Give refugees and people seeking asylum a stronger voice
As a small not-for-profit organisation, the Refugee Council of Australia depends on the support of its members and donors to maintain its independent research, policy development and advocacy on refugee issues. Sign up now!
Benefits of being a member
- receive updates about refugee issues, including email bulletins
- can become involved in our policy networks
- vote in elections for our board
- can receive free paper copies of our reports and submissions.
Organisational members support refugees and people seeking asylum in many ways, including:
- helping people to settle in Australia
- providing services or advice, and
- advocating for particular communities.
RCOA welcomes organisational membership applications from organisations:
- based in Australia or with a relevant connection to Australia; and
- involved in activities which align with RCOA’s purpose and aims; or
- committed to supporting the achievement of RCOA’s purpose and aims.
Under RCOA’s constitution, the RCOA Board has the responsibility of deciding on membership applications. To ensure that RCOA remains a respected and effective network focused on promoting the development of humane, lawful and constructive policies towards refugees and people seeking asylum, RCOA’s Board is unable to accept membership applications from organisations which: (a) are directly connected to a political party or are directly involved in campaigning for or against particular political parties or candidates; or (b) promote views at odds with RCOA’s purpose and aims; or (c) have been involved in activities which could undermine the reputation of RCOA and its membership network; or (d) have no relevant connection to Australia or to RCOA’s purpose and aims.
Individual members are people who want to stay informed about issues affecting refugees and people seeking asylum, and who support our work advocating for fairer and more humane refugee policies.
Download membership forms
If you prefer to download membership forms please click on the buttons below.