Refugee Council of Australia
Colourful question marks

Information about temporary protection visas (TPVs) and Safe Haven Enterprise Visas (SHEVs)

What do I do when my visa ends?

Applying for another temporary visa

A temporary protection visa (TPV) ends after three years, and a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) ends after five years. People who have a TPV or SHEV are now reaching the end of their first visa.

The government has published information about what to do to get a new visa. You should apply before your visa expires. If you do, your TPV or SHEV will continue until the government has considered your new application. If you do not apply before your visa expires, the government says you may not be able to apply again.

You can apply for a new visa online using your ImmiAccount or by a paper form.

For more information on what you need to do, please click the button.

Read the Department’s information

Join the movement!

We need you to show our government that Australia cares about refugees. Help us by joining the movement so we can protect refugees, not punish them.

Find what you want

  • Category

  • Topic