The ‘Australia Says Welcome’ Campaign
Inspired by the art of Peter Drew, the campaign is all about making refugees feel welcome in Australia.
By joining the campaign you are also helping the smooth resettlement of refugees into the Australian community, supporting our work with local refugee organisations and promoting a welcoming and nurturing environment for refugees and asylum seekers in Australia.
We need your support…TAKE ACTION NOW
Facts about the Refugee crisis
- More than 11.6 million Syrians have been displaced by the current crisis in their home country
- 4 million have fled Syria and are seeking safety and protection
- Australia has agreed to take 12,000 Syrian and Iraqi refugees
- RCOA is working with our members and the Australian community to ensure successful resettlement
- RCOA is working with respective governments and other stakeholders to promote improved policies and practices which support refugees and asylum seekers