The Executive Board of RCOA consists of elected and appointed representatives from its broad membership base. Through its Board, RCOA has the benefit of drawing on a wide range of expertise and experience.
- Phil Glendenning AM: President (Edmund Rice Centre for Justice and Community Education, Sydney)
- Professor William Maley AM: Vice-President (individual member, Canberra)
- Dr Ali Nur: Secretary (individual member, Darwin)
- Adrian Graham: Treasurer (individual member, Sydney)
- Maya Cranitch AM: Chair (individual member, Sydney)
- Ella Dixon (Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania Inc)
- Dr Caroline Fleay (individual member, Perth)
- Abdul Karim Hekmat (Cosmopolitan Civil Societies Research Centre, University of Technology Sydney)
- Beata Ostapiej-Piatkowski (MCS Romero Centre)
- Marc Purcell (Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) ACT)
- John Roc (Australian Karen Organisation, Sydney)
- Dr Melika Sheikh-Eldin (AMES Victoria)
Board members serve two-year terms and are eligible for reappointment. Ten of the board members (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, five Organisational Member representatives, an Individual Member representative) are elected by RCOA members, with five members elected at each Annual General Meeting. The remaining Board members (up to six) are co-opted, also for two-year terms, in accordance with RCOA’s consitution.