This information is provided by the Department of Home Affairs, the government department responsible for protection claims. 

A temporary protection visa (TPV) ends after three years, and a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) ends after five years. People who have a TPV or SHEV are now reaching the end of their first visa.

The government has published information about what to do to get a new visa. You should apply before your visa expires. If you do, your TPV or SHEV will continue until the government has considered your new application. If you do not apply before your visa expires, the government says you may not be able to apply again.

You can apply for a new visa online using your ImmiAccount or by a paper form.

For more information on what you need to do, please click the button.