More about education in Australia
The Australian Capital Territory government has extended eligibility for its Skilled Capital program and Australian Apprenticeships to people on bridging visas and temporary protection visas. Importantly, the whole of the ACT is also a Safe Haven Enterprise Zone.
The two programs offer training from Certificate II to Diploma level in many areas. The ACT’s Skilled Capital program offers a comprehensive range of services to provide support to complete the training that is right for them. The Australian Apprenticeships program enables employers to work with training providers to ensure training is appropriate for their business needs.
These programs are now available also to people holding the following visas:
- 449 Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa
- 785 Temporary Protection visa
- 786 Temporary Humanitarian Stay visa
- 790 Safe Haven Enterprise visa
- Refugees and asylum seekers who hold a Bridging Visa A,B, C or E.
- Criminal Justice Stay visa (Subclass ZB 951) holders who are victims of human trafficking and slavery.
For more information, see the below links: