What you need to know about coronavirus
This website provides official health advice about COVID-19 information in your language. Select your language to translate the information on this page.
This gives you resources about COVID-19 in other languages. The resources include fact sheets, guidelines and other publications.
This resource provides easy English information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
These videos explain coronavirus in your own language.
This page has lots of information about COVID-19 in 63 different languages.
Answer these questions to check whether you have coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can find your nearest health service using this tool.
Do I have to pay if I need to go to hospital?
You do not need to pay to go to hospital (or for the ambulance) if you go because they think you have COVID-19, even if you do not have Medicare or health insurance. This applies to anyone from overseas.
You can see this information on the websites of each state or territory:
- NSW: What if I don’t have Medicare?
- Victoria: Information for overseas travellers
- Queensland: What if I don’t have Medicare cover?
- South Australia: What if I am not eligible for Medicare?
- Western Australia: What if I don’t have Medicare cover?
- Tasmania: What if I’m from overseas and not eligible for Medicare?
- Northern Territory: Testing
In the ACT, as well as some other states and territories, people seeking asylum who do not have Medicare can already go to hospital and get free care.
Mental Health Advice
This gives mental health information relating to the coronavirus outbreak.