Refugee Council of Australia
Information spelt out with hand pointing finger

I am applying to be a refugee in Australia

Applying to the courts

If you have been refused a visa by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) or Immigration Assessment Authority (IAA), you can apply for the courts to review the decision. This is called ‘judicial review’.

This factsheet is provided by Refugee Advice & Casework Service, a legal organisation that helps refugees in New South Wales. It was last updated in November 2019.
This factsheet explains what is ‘judicial review’ and how you can apply to the courts.

Join the movement!

We need you to show our government that Australia cares about refugees. Help us by joining the movement so we can protect refugees, not punish them.

Find what you want

  • Category

  • Topic