Online database of English Classes for people seeking asylum
There are two ways to search this site for an English class for people seeking asylum:
- the map, or
- the calendars below the map.
Please scroll down further (past the map and calendars) for lots of information about this resource.
For people who you live in Greater Dandenong the EAS Network app is available at the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (Android). Give it a try for more English classes and more info.
Please revisit this page in a month or so. We’re constantly uploading new classes.
Online Database of English Classes
The Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA) is delighted to host Seeking English, a live database of English classes all over Melbourne, specifically for people seeking asylum. This database is a joint project of the Network of Asylum Seeker Agencies Victoria (NASAVic).
If you are a person seeking asylum (or a caseworker, or a friend, or someone in the community who is just trying to help out) please use this database to locate an English class at the right time and place for you.
You will see that there are two ways to use this database:
- The big map (at the top of this page) of Melbourne that shows the location of classes. Click on any of the pins to find out the details (time, eligibility etc) and it’s best to call before attending.
- There are also 6 calendars for 6 regions of Melbourne. Go to the most relevant one to see a breakdown of classes by time and date. The big map has colour-coded pins to show you which calendar the classes are on (use the legend on the left of the map).
Help Us Grow Our Online Database of English Classes
If you know about or run an English as an additional language class that is not on the list, please email [email protected] and include the following details:
- Organisation name
- Address of classes
- Days and times of classes
- Details including eligibility, level of classes and any other relevant details.
- Cost (most are free, and the rest are very cheap)
Please note that promotion on Seeking English is not an endorsement by NASAVic or RCOA. All organisations are required to independently maintain the quality of the classes and adhere to all relevant standards and legislation.