Share thisEmail this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on RedditPrint this page

General information

In Australia, you can only get legal advice for your refugee claim from a person who is registered as a ‘migration agent’. You can check to see if someone helping you is registered as a migration agent on the Migration Registration Agents Authority’s website.

Not all migration agents work with asylum seekers and refugees. To find migration agents who work in these areas, you can go to the Migration Institute of Australia’s website and choose ‘Refugee and Humanitarian’.

There are some places in Australia which offer free legal advice to asylum seekers and refugees, but they cannot help all asylum seekers. We have listed some of these below.

Please call only one at a time – this will mean they can help more people.

For more information on the kinds of help they provide and who can use their services, please check their website or contact them directly.

Use the scroll bars on the right and the bottom to get more information. You can also limit, sort, download and view a record of a single organisation.

We are checking the information we have about organisations that provide services. If you would like your organisation to be included on this list, please send us this form. If your organisation’s information needs to be changed, please send us this form. We will confirm this information with you before publishing it on our website.

get involved

The Refugee Council of Australia is small, not-for-profit organisation and relies on public financial support
to continue its vital work in research, education and advocacy. Donations to the RCOA are tax-deductible.

To make a online donation by credit card using our secure donations system.

keeping you informed with the news

To stay informed with current news and events with the Refugee
Council Of Australia, fill out the form below!